Friday, August 31, 2012

Social Trafficking

I never saw myself as the type to organize for other people, I usually (and tragically) look out for number one. Lately, however, I've served as a sort of slavedriver for all of my friends. Granted, most of the hassle has been caused by my best friend, who also happens to hate people. She's a social butterfly during the school year, but during the summer she wants nothing to do with half of our colleages. This is usually okay, we hang out almost all summer, just the two of us. However, lately things have been a bit more flustered. With swimming, all I can think about is my social life. High school has given it the sunlight it needs to blossom, and now I have to open my eyes and actually put some effort into the constantly changing voids that we call Facebook, Twitter, and High School. The particular dilemma that lead me to type this post occured sometime after I decided it would be a good idea to grant three different people permission to visit my lakehouse on the same day, turns out everyone was fine with the arrangement, accept my best friend. After hours of back-and-forth communication, majority won. My only fear: could swimming be forcing it's way through the cracks in our friendship? The worst part is, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment